Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our BUSY Week in Review


Our crazy busy weekend started off this Sunday as we celebrated Father's Day - so thankful for our fathers as well as Kaz's daddy (my hubby). This first year watching Preston learn the ropes of what it takes to parent have been quite interesting to say the least;) I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful leader for our family.



Monday was spent poolside. Kaz had the chance to try out his float and find out what it felt like to have his body from the chest down submerged in water. He loved the water and sun...but preferred Mama holding him above everything:)

Before this boy came along, a day at the pool was relaxing and "easy". Now, I find myself questioning if it's more trouble than it's worth! It is quite exhausting packing up the house not to mention having to lugg around a 29lb. little man.

At the end of the day, we were both worn out...but had tons of fun!

Later in the week Kaz and I made our way North to visit friends and family.
First we made a stop to visit Kaz's buddy Owen and my friend Tyler. The boys had fun playing with all of Owen's toys and watching the Laurie Berkner Band. Kaz usually will only watch "sign" shows...but he seemed pretty interested in the song and dance on the TV - so much that I ordered him one of the DVDs to take on our vacation coming up next week. 


Next, we ventured out to their awesome pool where we all got our feet wet and enjoyed some rays before saying our goodbyes and heading to our next destination.




Stop #2, 10 miles down the road we spent the evening with my cousin and her son, Emil. The boys quickly reacquainted and were very excited to see each other:) Kaz spent most of the time pulling Emil around on his walker. Wit and I had a chance to chat and catch up on life...I always find myself encouraged after our talks:)


After making the late-night trudge home we find ourselves less than a week away from the beginning of vacation. We still have quite a few more eventful days here in KY before making our way to the beach. Kaz gets to celebrate two birthdays this weekend with friends:) Happy birthday Griffin and Kennedy!