Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vacation 2012




Our summer vacation couldn't have been any better. Especially getting to share it with our happy little 1-year-old:) Kaz was such a good boy the entire trip! I was actually amazed at his ability to be so flexible and cooperative with all the new surroundings, especially being gone for over 10 days.


We made two stops during our time away. First, we made a visit to see my dad and the rest of the Dailey's in Gatlinburg at the resort where I grew up spending my summers as a little girl. Kaz was excited to spend time with his Pops and Mimi as well as his fun cousin Emil. We had a couple of days to relax, shop, and lay around the pool together. This also split our drive up a bit and made the long haul to the beach not quite as exhausting.

We decided to drive through the night to the beach in hopes that Kaz would sleep for the most part....and he did! As soon as we arrived to our beach house for the week the fun began.

Our house for the week
The girls...working on our beach craft:)







Days were spent on the sand and in the waves. Kaz enjoyed his pool and to my surprise didn't mind the sand - which made being a "beach bum" much easier;) We even managed to bring his red car for rides/walks along the sand.


We ate at all of our favorite spots for dinner and shopped around at the beach shacks nightly. Our nights ended with a stop for ice cream to cool off. 


It was nice showing both my boys the ropes of OBX...the place I have grown up knowing as the best summer getaway.
Dancing with my baby
My favorite picture from the trip:)


Time is dwindling down...there are just a few short weeks left until school starts back. I'm going to do my best to soak up the rest of the time we have left.