Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kaz man @ 7 months!



Since this boy is sitting up we thought it was time to capture some smiles and take advantage of this new physical gift. We are so happy with Kaz's progress and give the thanks to God daily for watching over our son. He has been doing great with First Steps and his physical therapist has already been singing his praises with the progress he has made in just one week. I have to remind myself on a regular basis when reviewing physical milestones and expectations, Kaz should be performing at a 5 month old level (considering his prematurity). He still has many barriers to tackle, but with the help of the physical therapist, his wonderful day-time girlfriend Jess, and lots of prayers...we know he can overcome all things ahead.


Having Kaz has reminded me how lucky I am to have Preston. He has always been my "source of reason", helping me get through those days when I look at the somewhat unknown future for our son. He is always a support by giving and sharing the positive outlook to all situations we face. He is such a wonderful father to Kaz...I'm afraid to say Kaz already emulates his daddy by singing all the time, especially at night when he sings himself to sleep. And I mean it when I say "sing", he really does sing...inflection and all! It is nice to know Kaz will be growing up with a great role model...his father.


I stopped to think today (believe it or not;) and realized my once little baby is now 7 months old! It's really hard to believe the 1st year is already half way over. It was a rough start, but I'm so glad to have the privilege of being Kaz's mommy.