Friday, January 6, 2012

8-month-old LINEBACKER




Kaz celebrated turning 8 months today by being crowned with his very first helmet. It wasn't the easiest day for him, dealing with the additional piece of equipment and extra weight on his head. I'm sure he will get accustom to the new contraption in time and before we know it, his head will be fixed and there will be no more helmet needed. In the meantime however, I'm thinking the next few months will be just as challenging for mommy and daddy as they will for Mr. Kaz (he is stronger than us in most situations it seems). I hate to see my little man having to deal with the whole helmet ordeal, however we've made it through worse. Also, I know in the end we will be happy with the results of his head and he will thank us in the future if he ever wants a buzz cut;)

On another note, regarding Kaz's #1 love = FOOD, we did run into something that he is not too fond of - chicken. He really doesn't seem to care for any of the stage 1 jarred meats thus far. I guess I need to kick it in gear and figure out how to whip up some homemade meat purees for him?!:)


Every day we see progress in Kaz's motor skills. Just yesterday, he picked up a ball off the table for the first time on his own and I could have cried. Those are the proud, thankful moments. Once again, it's the small things. Those things that the average 8 month old was doing months ago are the things that I am thanking God for daily.


Praying for patience for us and comfort for my little linebacker during these next few months....