Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hobby @ 30

I think I may have finally found something that I enjoy doing in my spare time. I never thought I'd be quite this "Suzy Homemakerish"...but here I am. (Seems to get worse with age;) This activity fits into my new altered lifestyle of being at home more now that there is a little one in the mix. Preston gave me a sewing machine for Christmas...something that I've had my heart set on for quite some time now.


After taking on my first-ever real sewing project last year, I immediately became interested in trying more crafty things.

The blanket I made for Kaz before he was born:)
 I love monogrammed clothes, personalized everything, and have become even more interested now with the opportunity to dress up a little boy:) I have a feeling this machine is going to come in handy in many ways.

Waiting on me to get done embroidering his onesie
After a quick tutorial from my friend Becky and reading up on all the many papers, booklets, etc. that were included with this new fine piece of equipment - I decided to take on a couple of projects of my own! I was off to a great start, after I broke 2 needles it was smooth sailing. I did manage to pull of a little onesie for Kaz to ring in the New Year:) I hope to find some fabric this weekend for a few projects that I would like to try out. I'm looking forward to knowing what it feels like to finally have a hobby (@30)!

Mommy's first embroidery job